View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I saw the post in the Post-Rumours forum, but I think I'll respond here in Christine's forum. I always check this board first too. "All Over Again" is definitely her farewell to the band-"breaking the chain", "drifting away", etc. It's a beautiful, but sad song. I think her songs on Time may have been her most personal songs on any Fleetwood Mac album, especially "All Over Again", "Hollywood" & "Nights In Estoril". It's easy to understand why she left the band a few years later after listening to these songs.

By the way, I like, but not love Time. It's a lot better than it's given credit for. I really like Christine's & Bekka's songs. Bekka can really sing. But, I'm not too fond of Billy's & Dave's songs. That's pretty unusual for me regarding Billy's songs. I pretty much like everything from him that I've heard, except for his Time songs. I DON'T like "These Strange Times" at the end, though. They should have dropped that track & ended the album with "All Over Again".
I agree about "These Strange Times." I ignore it so much that I forgot to even mention in it my other post. I would drop it and end the album with "All Over Again," as you said.

Since everyone seems to think that her most personal songs are her Time songs, I want to ask which ones y'all think are her second most personal songs, because the Tusk songs come to my mind for whatever reason, particularly "Never Make Me Cry" and "Over and Over." I know those are more universal and that might make them less personal but they sound so blatantly honest and bare that I figured they'd have to be near to her. What do y'all think? And of course there are the ones I haven't heard that I'm not factoring in, like her BTM songs and her 1984 album.