View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2002
I totally get what you guys are saying...A songwriter singing their own song definitely seems to produce a more genuine experience. I love Bekka, though I'm ashamed to say the lovely Faith Hill has stolen my heart. Anyway, Faith's albums are certainly the better for having both Bekka's songs and background vocals.

GateandGarden...you like Faith/country music? We'll definitely have a lot to chat about in the Chit Chat Forum I know this is getting a little off the post-Rumours topic, but I thought you'd be interested to know that Faith is realeasing a new album this year. Rumor has it (haha...no pun intended) that it will be called "Mississippi Girl" and that the video for the first single has been booked (same director as Shania's "Don't"). A very tentative release date for the album is June 28. (This stuff always changes, though).
Hi! Yeah, I'm a country fan. I'm Hillary; what's your name? Thanks for the news about the new Faith album, but I probably wouldn't care for it. I quit buying her stuff after the Breathe album, which I wasn't crazy about. I loved what she did with her first two albums. (I though the Janis Joplin cover rocked!!!) but I lost interest after that. It seemed that her music changed in a way that I didn't like too much. Which other country singers do you like? I LOVE Reba McEntire and Kim Richey. They're my fave country music singers. But I also love Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood, Sara Evans, Alison Krauss, Cyndi Thomson (wish she'd had more than one album), and some others here and there. I'm a casual fan of the hits of lots of people like Brooks & Dunn, Martina McBride, Tracy Lawrence and so many more that I can't recall them all.