View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omdguy
Since I couldn't find what I thought was the proper foru, I thought I would pst here since some of the questions are around The Dance.
Welcome, newbie.
Quote:
I understand that The Dance was more than one show. How many shows were there?
May 22 & 23
Quote:
Anyone know anything more behind the USC marching band finishing the last 2 songs? I thougth that was absolutely brilliant!
The USC Trojan Marching Band played on the group's 1979 album "Tusk" (on the song "Tusk"). The song has been tied to the USC Marching Band ever since: the Trojans performed at Fleetwood Mac's five-night stand at the L.A. Forum in 1979, & Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood & Lindsey Buckingham have appeared a couple of times at USC games at the L.A. Coliseum during halftime. In addition, Trojan games throughout the years have often featured performances of "Tusk," & the marching band has in the distant past recorded the song on its own albums. The USC Trojan Marching Band has been intimately tied to "Tusk" -- & by extension to Fleetwood Mac -- for 24 years. It was probably a no-brainer to invite the marching band down again for the reunion taping. There are numerous interesting threads on Usenet posted by members of the 1997 version of the Trojan Marching Band (like Seth Green) about the experience.
Quote:
How was the setlist derived and does anyone know why "Little Lies" was omitted?
Fleetwood Mac puts together its own set lists based on input from all members, who consider factors of equal weighting among members, pacing, success at rehearsals, etc. "Little Lies" was apparently rehearsed for the May taping, but was dropped, along with several other songs.
Quote:
Is Stevie sober during this time (and now)?
Yes.
Quote:
Is this DVD, TITN and the making of Rumours the only FM DVD's available?
Also available are "Live in Boston" from the 2003 tour & "Destiny Rules" (a documentary about the making of the 2003 studio album), "The Mick Fleetwood Story: Two Sticks & a Drum," "Fleetwood Mac: The Early Years" & "Fleetwood Mac: Unbroken Chain."
Quote:
The encore on this DVD seemed very odd. Othr bands will let the crowd really ask them to come back (Depeche Mode is great at this), so since this is only the second live show I have seen, is the encore behavior a common one (i.e. waiting 30 seconds before coming back out)?
The abrupt return to the stage is probably a result of both film/video editing & the nature of the production in general (TV broadcast).
Quote:
Was it a common thing to have extra drums, keyboards and guitars in teh background for all FM shows?
In terms of these backup musicians being onstage throughout the set, it's been common since the band's 1987 tour (the "Tango" DVD).
Quote:
Did any of the new songs from this show ever charr? I LOVE "Little Demons"!
I think "Landslide" & "Silver Springs" charted somewhere or other.
Quote:
Given all the hits over the years, and the early succes of the band, does anyone know how many formal music videos the band made? I know of "Little Lies", "Hold On" and while I have never seen it, I understand there is a video for "Everywhere".
Now that you're at the Penguin, it's a good time to start using the resources at the Penguin: http://fleetwoodmac.net/penguin/index.phtml

There must be information somewhere with a complete list of all videos. If not, we'll start compiling one for you! It's pretty extensive.

moviekinks.blogspot.com