View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
On page 265 of Treason, Coulter writes:

New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman sniffed that racial profiling was not "civilized." He blamed twenty years of relentless attacks by Muslim extremists on- I quote- "religious fundamentalists of any stripe."

A quick search of the internet will produce Friedman's actual article from December 26, 2001, titled "Naked Air," the article that Coulter supposedly quotes. Friedman's article was jovial in tone and he jokes that everyone should be forced to fly nude in it. Here's the passage she took the "quote" from:

Think about it. If everybody flew naked, not only would you never have to worry about the passenger next to you carrying box-cutters or exploding shoes, but no religious fundamentalists of any stripe would ever be caught dead flying nude.

See how she distorted what he said and misrepresented him? If not, here's what she said on page 265 of Treason again:

New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman sniffed that racial profiling was not "civilized." He blamed twenty years of relentless attacks by Muslim extremists on- I quote- "religious fundamentalists of any stripe."

Im not seeing the misquotation here...hmmm oh well

suppose you can call me insane then...if you consider AC insane then I will be happy to join in that group along with her!