View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
I use bitcomet to download torrent files

Download.com

And you'll need this little program to verify after you have downloaded

Md5sum

Download the bitcomet and the md5sum program to your desk top (it's easier to find them) Then install them to your program file on your computer.

Then go to etree and find the torrent you want to download... Click on the first torrent link which will take you to another page describing what the torrent is. Click on the actual torrent link and your computer will probably say something like "your computer doesn't know what program to use to open the file"... Select browse and find the bitcomet program that you downloaded and installed in your program file and click on it. This should start the download. Then all you have to do is wait out the long process of the download, which for me on the Tusk doc. took 2 and a half days!!

Once you've downloaded it. There will be a md5sum icon in the file folder where you downloaded it to. (You can select any folder you want to downloaded it to... probably best to create a seperate on). Right click on the md5sum and you will see an option that says "verify". Click it... and let the program do it's work. After it is finished, and everything checks out... you are finished to do what ever you want with it.

To watch it on your computer... I use the VLC Media Player cause it plays any type of file... You can get that as well for free here. VLC Media Player

When you download and install this media player... Open it up... Click on file on the top left hand side... Click on "Quick Open" and find the folder where you downloaded the torrent file. Select one of the files and you should be able to watch it on your computer... I can no problem...

Burning it to a dvd... Someone else will have to help you out with that... I haven't gotten that far yet... lol

Hope some of this info helps you out.
The Md5sum I downloaded does not have a "verify" when i right click. And I got VCL media player, but it won't play it. yes, i am frustrated and pissed.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -