View Single Post
Old 07-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Let me guess, you'd rather have Al Sharpton? Seriously though, would you care to elaborate on why you wouldn't like Colin Powell as President? Just curious.
I don't trust him. For one thing I don't think he has been true to his beliefs (whatever they are these days) in his current position. Also, I'm suspicious of politicians (Ross Perot was like this, too) who respond to the media's questions about major issues with words that they're researching the sides still. When Colin was being courted to run some years ago he was intentionally vague much of the time. For a while he would not even take a stand on abortion because he had to "research" the matter. I don't buy for one minute that a grown man who had been considering a run for the presidency for over a year had not decided where he stood before facing the press. Something is not honest there.

- Jake