View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
Apparently Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris disagreed that all the money had been spent to indulge their excesses. They believed that Mick had managed the money badly and they fired him as manager. Of course he's going to say it was all their fault.

As for the drug use, it's well-documented that he was nowhere near as into it as Mick and Stevie. That being said, he certainly did indulge back in the seventies - just watch Live in Japan! The man is seriously hopped up on something. But by 1982 he'd watched Carol Ann go into a downward spiral due to the white powder and I seriously doubt he touched it after then.
I just do not buy that about any of them. I never thought CM was really into it, but in that last interview she was like I stayed up for three days on it and DP and almost had a heart attack. I think they were all way, way into it, esp. considering the tenor of the times. I think they all, with the exception of Mick, stopped at various points in the 80's. Stevie perhaps being the last in 86', which was only a few years after LB if he indeed stopped in 82. I personally think he and Stevie look coked out of their respective heads in the Mirage video. Interestingly, I wonder if Stevie staying in vogue more and continuing the hectic pace caused her to stop later. LB did not do as much from 1982 to 1986 as she did. According to the article, Chis says she quit in 84 or 20 years ago.

I think Stevie is just more open about her personal turmoil than LB, although LB clearly admits to having his own demons and he certainly does not deny doing it. In many respects she probably thought the public probably cared and had to know since she had reached huge popularity and great success. In other words, she thought it better to get it out in the open by her first than have the Enquirer put it on the front page first, etc., and have to deal with that as well as recovery.

In the end, I think they are both VERY wealthy. I just think Stevie's constant work and cover income perhaps caught up to LB's producer income, a large amount of which essentially stopped for eight to 10 years in 87 or 89 - although lessened, Stevie's did not. But, maybe his investments paid off for him. Hopefully, he did not lose 1/2 of that in the tech bubble and corp. fraud scandals on the late 90's and 2000-01. I know of few that did not. But, hopefully he did. I would not wish that on anyone

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-06-2004 at 09:00 PM..