Thread: liberals....
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I never said you voted for Bush, I said that you being associated with us "ridiculous liberals" was far worse than voting for him.

And Moore isn't a god, he's a patriot.
But there in is my point - the far right thinks Hannity is a Patriot because he uses similar tools to convey his message In the end, I like MM's product - I think this film is good. It does make, to quote Carne, dubious associations to wit - so what if the Saudis got put on a plane and taken out of the US. MM IMO is trying to use that to link the govt.'s actions with supporting OBL on the day we got attacked. Those people had nothing to do with OBL and his attack Yet, MM does not say that. He knows that the use of the SA name and the bin Laden (there are hundreds in that immedicate family) will cause people to somehow in their heads think W aided OBL. Intererstingly, W did this same technique with linking OBL with Iraq. While there were mostly minor and insignificant connections (except for the medical treatment issue) - W knew that most Americans will view all Middle Easterners the same. They will not be able to separate in thier heads the fact that not everyone wearing a turban is OBL. So, MM does this with the BL name. How many people in America know that OBL is disowned by his family and he is one of hundreds of BL's - many of which do not even know him or have seen him in years :shurg: Does MM say that? No. He just uses the visual to make the connection. Interestingly, Richard Clark has said he bears the responsibility for allowing the Saudis to leave.

Also, how many parents who are proud that their children served and died in Iraq did MM show. Certainly they exist.

In the end, the film, by his own admission, is one sided and is propoganda. I do not fault him for it. I just feel the need to point that out whenever you all seemingly take it for the be all and end all of the unbiased truth, which it is not and was never intended to be, which MM readily admits.

save the cheerleader - save the world