View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
I have the (american) Mirage CD. I think I bought it circa 1991. But it sounds very low. The sharp sounds are not enough high, and the whole sound is far low from the average volume. I always have to set higher the stereo volume.

ItsĀ“ the same with Stand Back from the Enchanted CD. Just with this song. However Stand Back from Timespace (an european cd) sounds very good. It's easy to hear the difference.

I got one of those 80s collection from the "call now" ads. Stand Back is included, and again.. it sounds very low. Exactly like the Enchanted edition.

But it is with Mirage when I can hear the biggest difference. Gypsy, Little Lies, or other songs sound far better in the "Very best" cd or the box sets

Do you have the same perception?
I don't have Mirage, but I noticed similar things with others. It drives me nuts. Stand back (live) on chain box set is veeery low. The variations bug me. Of course it makes sense that the newest releases should sound better and better. I'm suprised the Enchanted edition is like that (I had enchanted but sold it, havent repurchased) but I remember when i wanted to hear Stand Back, I wouldn't use Enchanted, but Timespace. Anywhoo...