View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I may repeat some things Dissention already posted - I typed 3 pages of notes!

Re: cancelled shows: "Go to fm.com – better than me trying to wing it off the top of my head, those things just happen, we had to take a break for a few days and now we’re back at it. To get the real McCoy, so that I don’t screw it up, go to fm.com, I truly don’t know the dates off the top of my head. But we’re very much back in business and all is well."

Two years ago, Mick made an album with "a friend," which turned out quite good and he will probably release it.

"My gut tells me there will definitely be another FM album in the next 5-7 years, otherwise, we'll be too old!"

Re: Stevie and the DR doc - he said something like, "Well, you know women, and their vanity, what women need, but Stevie said, 'I'll make sure when I come into the studio, I've combed my hair."

Re: His book: Would like to edit and redo and put an ending to bring up to date, not planned, but good idea – couple things that preferred he had not spoken about – in those days, not in best of shape, used to drink one hell of a lot, used to get fairly liquid and some judgment calls on what remained in that book and what didn’t – what survives and not – nice to have opportunity to refurbish some things that weren’t accurate – father, not historically correct, when in Air Force – would be nice to bring up to date and bring characters back into the fold – some was sad, a lot about disintegration about a great band that happily is back in tact, happy people, children have been born, good situation, finish off in the here and now.

Wine: One day at Xmas, I said, "I'll join you in a glass of wine, Mum!"

Re: SN and LB: "I’ve noticed they’ve become more and more emotionally interwined when they’re singing, that’s what they do, they’ve come back to where they were before FM – the dynamic between them as performers and the use of their voices – interesting to see them make an album that was using something that they come to us with – happens naturally without CMV, true beginnings of the power of that in the documentary."

On performing live: "Nothing was ever forced to happen…that vibration is something we feel live in concert…it’s more than that, more like a meeting place between people on stage and audience – you can’t buy that…I see people crying, for Chrissakes, there’s a real connection with where we are, it’s strong, being human, honest, we try to be better people and we’re not annexed into some zone where we’re not part of our curriculum. Sometimes you get adulated, we do our best to make people realize that no one is more special than anyone else. We enjoy what we’re doing, blessed to have fantastic audience…it feels right, and hopefully that will continue."