Thread: DC so far
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DC so far

Well, I've been in DC for nearly two weeks now. I'm just a small town girl now living life in a city....it's been a transition all right, I'm not liking the having to walk SO much....especially when I have to get groceries and things...it's cool though...there's a lot to do....

NPR is a blast, but I find I'm still star struck (I feel like SUCH a geek) lol...I mean, twice today Nina Totenberg walked by my cublicle and I've had lovely conversations with Linda Wertheimer and Susan Stamberg. Bob Edwards' replacement, Steve Inskeep, is really nice and very good looking...Noah Adamns and I were on the same elevator platform the other day, and while eating lunch on the rooftop I spotted Melissa Block. These names will mean nothing to you unless you're as big a public radio geek as I am.

My mission is to meet Anne Garrels. Unfortunately she does not have an office at NPR, since she's a correspondant....and she's leaving for Baghdad in around a month I think...but she wrote a great book, and I really want to met her and have her sign it....

So anyway...now it appears I may be re-locating to the east on a more permanent basis...both job leads I have are here in the east...it's an exciting time...just thought I'd share my thoughts at the moment