View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow My thoughts...

I think that Lindsey just wants to be recognized for what he IS, not what people THINK he's trying to BE. His influences are all over the map, we have the Kingston Trio, Elvis' guitarists, Django Reinhardt, David Gilmour, Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys, Beatles, Everly Brothers, Chet Atkins, Earl Scruggs, and here are some quotes:

I used to love Led Zeppelin, but I never sat around trying to learn Jimmy Page licks. In terms of developing a sense of melody, I was helped along by Dave Mason's Alone Together - a wonderful album with a very pretty kind of lead-guitar style. But I never thought of myself as someone who was going to go out there and burn it up. In fact, the lead stuff came very late for me.
Guitar Player, April 2003

If you look at Eric Clapton’s playing, he tends to stick to a correct blues style. I was more interested in guitarists like Peter Green and David Gilmour, who took traditional blues and made it more ethereal or darker.
Guitar World, September 1992

Plus, he listens to classical music, so there's influence there as well. You have rock, pop, classical, folk, country, just a plethora to make Lindsey a unique guitarist.