View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Ledgie

Angry Joining the fan club to buy tickets - bit of a rip off?

Ok...after all this time, the Say You Will tour is coming to Iowa. So, I joined the fan club for the ticket purchasing capabilities. It has turned out to be a bit of a ripoff. Why?

1) I joined at the $50 level for the ticket purchasing capabilities. That level promised a $20 coupon. I thought, "oh, good, that will save me $20 on the tickets." However, I have seen no coupon. If one is coming, it didn't arrive in time for any ticket purchase.

2) THEN, the site mentions that the only fees are a $10 service charge per ticket, which is ridiculous, as all of my fees should be covered in the $50 fan club membership.

3) THEN, after you've already selected your tickets, you are given outrageous shipping options to choose from. The cheapest being $12 for UPS ground. It costs $12 to ship my 2 concert tickets? I'd be glad to send them a SASE. It would cost me less than a dollar.

The entire experience has left me feeling a bit ripped off and that this entire organization is leeching $$$ off of its fans.

-Matt