View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No, it wouldn't have sold as well initially. But I think that in general, the majority of people who bought the album weren't too ecstatic about her lackluster (and I'm being nice!!) material. And that's why none of it was really successful; even the best of them all, Seven Wonders, just barely hit the top twenty.

I'm not going to give the woman kudos for coming back for 10 days with a song she didn't write, another that was simply a jumble of ****, and another that sounded like it was recorded by a chipmunk with a throat cold; it all just showed a lack of effort on her part when it was presented next to the amazing material from Chris and Linds. The record company certainly knew it, as reflected in the singles that were chosen to be released.

And Stevie's popularity was waning with the public after it's release, anyways. (And even before that.)
I guess we will never know for sure. But, I think it is highly unlikely the tour would have sold out the arenas it did without Stevie there. I mean, if you can believe Mick's book, FM readily put Stevie's voice all over TITN to make sure she was heard

save the cheerleader - save the world