View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
1. There was some sort of final argument over the album that we aren't privvy to that was apparently more unpleasant than any other argument they had.

2. Mick says that during that final argument over the album, there was something that happened that threatened to make their touring schedule far shorter than originally planned.

3. Lindsey specifically sites his concern that Stevie, not Mick or John, might pull out of the tour after 40 dates as a reason to not put out the double album.
It wasn't in the documentary, but several of the articles and interviews published shortly before and after the release of the album, stated that the band had some major arguments about the running order, and that things got pretty heated between Stevie and Lindsey because of it.
Lindsey himself even stated that, at that point in time, he felt that Stevie was seeing the album in a less-than-positive way because of those particular arguments.

But, up to that time, it seemed to have been a done deal, as far as all parties concerned, that they were releasing a double album. And I'm merely pointing out that I don't believe Lindsey's concern about Stevie pulling out after 40-dates, was based on her trying to strong-arm him into releasing it as a single disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
I haven't watched it again recently, but I don't remember any mention that Warner Bros. was doing anything to keep the album's cost down. It seemed it was Lindsey who was offering to absorb costs to keep the album's price down, not them. I also don't really recall seeing Stevie ever say that she was happy with the double idea. But that may just be my memory.
Perhaps it was edited out of the later broadcasts, but at one point Stevie clearly says that Warner Bros. has come back to them with the promise that they could keep the price down, and that she's now comfortable with the idea of a double-album.

Lindsey was offering to absorb the publishing costs, because the band would only get paid up to 12 songs... which would not have been in Warners' control, and has nothing to do with the retail price for the album.