View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
And if that's the case, and I happen to agree with you there, wouldn't it just make sense for Stevie and Lindsey to just say, "To hell with commercial songs, let's just do what we want." Let's face it, they could have gotten their album out even if Reprise had rejected it. Because, as we know, a reject doesn't mean it's bad. They could have gone to Interscope or a number of independent labels that would have jumped at the chance to have Fleetwood Mac.

Slipping intentionally commercial songs into a FM CD at this point just soils the work and, clearly, does not get them enough radio play anyway.

"lets just do what we want"
i do basically think that they do , do what they want already. or at least they did on syw. but i also see nothing wrong with an artist wanting to have a commercial success. i think when an artist/band puts out new material, they want some kind of commercial success/air play/ call it what you want.. but a hit song, generally will bring up the number of sales , than hurt the number of sales. and when i say have a commercial success, that doesnt mean i want them to lower there standards of writing because if whats out there today..