View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
According to my well-worn copy of John Mayall's Thru The Years 2-LP set liner notes:

The drummer on "Curly", "Greeny" & "Missing You" (and I'm just assuming that "Rubber Duck" was from the same sessions) was Aynsley Dunbar.
Yes, there's no doubt that's Aynsley on those tracks. It just seems so bizarre to me that Mick's book could state that he played drums with the Bluesbreakers on their EP with Paul Butterfield and that "Curly", "Rubber Duck", "Double Trouble", and "It Hurts Me Too" were all recorded by the trio of Mick, John, and Peter at the same session that produced "Fleetwood Mac". There's so much obviously wrong here that one doesn't know where to begin.

Was Mick's memory that bad and the book's editing that sloppy? And then Bob Brunning's book repeats part of the same error by stating that Mick played drums on the "Curly" / "Rubber Duck" single. I was just trying to point out the difficulty of figuring out the actual dates and personnel at recording sessions for specific songs when there is bogus information like this floating around, and from band members to boot!