View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks once more - this time for the good chuckle!

this really has been a help to me - sometimes just putting things down "on paper" to explain something helps you to see things in a new way - this came to me only after I last posted -

If we accept that the studio location listings are correct - which I would have no reason to doubt - and that my assumption that the change of studios indicates the begining of Vernon's association with CBS - (big assumption - but stick with me here) - then the idea that Jeremy's "Mean Old Fireman" and "Allow Me One More Show" are from his demo recordings goes out the window -

Vernon lists both as being recorded at CBS and says they were on the same "rouge two track tape" sent over from the CBS archives -

If Jeremy's band auditoned for Vernon, it would have been while he, Vernon was still with Decca - and most likely, Decca would own the tapes -

I'll venture another guess and say those two tracks were recorded at the same time that Jeremy did "Hellhound on My Trail" - on that same date, Green also recorded a solo acoustic number, "The World Keep On Turning" so I'm sure the mikes and levels were already set -

again, you've been most helpful and I did appreciate the laugh - hope someone else may have something to add -

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder