View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: My 2 pennies...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I'm a Christian...not Catholic tho. I don't like to put myself in any category. Anyways, I don't believe the Jews killed Jesus....the entire human race from the beginning of time to now to the future "killed" him. Sure, there were probably Jews (as well as others) at his crucifixtion, but to "blame" a certain type of people is absurd.

Jesus came to earth to die. That was his "secret ambition", to die for our sins so that we may go to be with Him in Heaven for eternity. God sent his only Son to die that whosoever believed in Him, will live forever. That was his purpose....and it was our sins that "killed" Christ.

Your Bible lesson for the day, kids.
True and that is consistent with Christianity and its teachings. In other words, God is omnipotent - therefore he knew man would fail and kill his Son, who was part of Him in the Holy Trinity. But, it begs the question of why did God chose the Jews as his instrument when the Romans were pagans and antagonistic toward the Hebrew God of Abraham?

I find it all fascinating, esp. the point of view that the story of the agony of Christ can be told while still painting the jewish faith at that time in a good light

Note: The Jewish like the Catholic faith is no longer ruling bodies. Therefore, they are not like they were prior to about 200 years ago. So, comparing the faiths today to the faiths then is like comparing apples and oranges for the most part. Now the fundamentalist christians have taken over and are trying to assert their doctrines as the law.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-19-2004 at 11:33 AM..