Thread: Kiln House
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BklynBlue
I just found out that the song "Shelia" from one of the BBC sessions, (another Buddy Holly sound-alike) was a hit for Tommy Roe in 1961 -
Even I was too young for that one, but I do remember (though with no great fondness) Roe's 1969 chart-topper "Dizzy"
"Sheila"---just GOTTA love that "Peggy Sue" type gallop beat...I could listen to that drum beat by itself for hours!!

"Dizzy"---{cold shudder} EWWWWW!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BklynBlue
Favorite forgotten track of the moment: "I'm So Lonesome And Blue", a BBC track from "Show-Biz Blues". I just love Green's guitar work on this one (laugh if you want)- I think they really found the right balance between sticking a finger in the eye of the genre and still turning out a real song -
I've gotta listen to disc one more often...I get out that set and immediately head to disc two everytime.

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I think you get to see Jeremy's "real" side on his solo recordings.
Jeremy's done so many parodies, how can we really TELL what's his "real" side?? Even the Flee album...side one is so overboardly Disco, is it "real" or a parody of the genre...even side two...was he really into a sound that paralleled the then current Fleetwood Mac or was he parodying his old band's sound? It's tough to tell what is what. Even his Jeremy Spencer & The Children album...he "borrows" so heavily from other bands' sounds (CSNY, Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, etc), is that really HIS sound or again, a parody or mimicing a certain sound or genre?

Last edited by chiliD; 02-17-2004 at 12:43 PM..