View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart MAC!

Definitely Mac.
For anything audio, mac is best. I work in radio and my brother is studying music engineering. Macs are prefered in these fields. They are much more efficient, more user-friendly, MUCH easier to troubleshoot (in the rare case that there's trouble) and most basic files from audio to word processing to photos are mac and pc interchangeable with no problems. It's not affected by like 80 percent of the viruses and worms out there. I love my mac and everyone I know who has a mac totally loves it, where as pc people don't feel as strongly about their machines . My mac is very old (it's an original imac from 1998!) but in the last year I've added a hard drive, ram, operating system and processor and I've got a whole new machine for way less than a real new one. It can handle a LOT. Yes, there is less software out there (basically it's just harder to find and more expensive). But the only big drawback is that macs are way more expensive than pcs. If you make the investment, you will NOT be disappointed. Hope that helps
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."