View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
I liked the first couple of Narnia books, but lost interest by the fourth one. I did, however, LOVE The Princess Bride (better than the movie) and The Neverending Story (better than the movie!!).
I have yet to read The Princess Bride, and it's one of my fave movies ever. I love The Neverending Story too, but have never read it either.

I didn't read the Narnia books or Alice in Wonderland as a kid...I read them in high school. I went to a Christian school from kindergarten through 8th grade, we mostly read The Bible. LOL I had seen those BBC Narnia movies on PBS one morning when I was like 15, and fell in love with the story, so when our English teacher asked us to read a book on this list she made, I asked if I could read the Narnia books instead, and she said yes. I did the same thing with Alice in Wonderland. LOL

I'm not a big reader, although I do love to write. I love Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH too. The Secret of NIMH is one of my fave movies of all time. I like dark stuff, for some reason. LOL