View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The "new" copy of "Live at the BBC" is copyrighted 2001 - but it is from the BMG club - I have to believe this is a later pressing of discs -
I agree, a live setting is really the best way to experience what the Green era Mac was truly capable of -
another favorite of mine is "If You Let Me Love You" - what I wouldn't give to get a clean copy of that - (if you don't already have the disc, check out my review for "The Last Goodbye" at the site here - if you're interested let me know)
What I'd really love to hear is their version of "Crossroads". They performed this a few times in '68 - incredibly, right when Cream's version was released on "Wheel's of Fire" -
what I'm most curious about is the arrangement - did Green perform it solo? Did they do a full band version?
Just find it interesting that with Cream's version out there, they'd go head to head with them like that -

I agree with you too, as far the Splinter Group material - I thought the first line-up was the stronger of the two - but as you say, my only wish is for him to be well; with all the pleasure I've taken from Green's music over the years, it really seems unfair to ask for more from the man -

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder