View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that's really interesting. I have the original import Live at the BBC CDs - is your "clean" version of Jumping at Shadows on the more recent US release? I'd repurchase it just to get that.

I agree, all of the live versions of Jumping at Shadows are terrific, some of Peter's best work. Other live favorites are All Over Again (Got a Mind to Give Up Living), Worried Dream, and of course the epic Rattlesnake Shake / Madge / Underway medleys.

I'm new to the forum here, and since I didn't answer your original question...
My first exposure to Fleetwood Mac was my freshman year in college in fall '75. My dorm roommate was a fan and he had most of their US-released records up to that point. Songs from Heroes are Hard to Find were still on the local FM radio station (Silver Heels was getting a fair amount of airplay), so the Bob Welch version of the band was the first one I was really familiar with.

As I started listening to my roommates records, I was blown away by the guitar playing on Then Play On. I recall that it took a little while for the songs themselves to sink in - they were pretty different from Bob Welch era Mac, or anything else on the radio for that matter. From that point, I was hooked on Peter Green. I've never really gotten into the Buckingham-Nicks Mac - although I enjoy some of it, their style of music is just not my favorite, although there's no denying they were very good at it.

Although I've looked at the Penguin website in the past for its great discography and I've checked out some of the Q&A sessions, I've just recently looked at the Ledge forums, mainly because I'd heard that the latest info on Peter's split from the Splinter Group could be found here. Although I'm not as big a fan of his Splinter Group work as I am of his Mac days, I hope that he continues to make music, and obviously I hope his health is ok.