View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't ever read or heard anything from either of them about each other. I kind of doubt they even were in the studio at the same time.

The backstory:

Clapton had submitted a completed Phil Collins produced Behind The Sun album to WB and it was rejected. WB gave Eric a memo saying they didn't hear any "hits" on it; and, gave recommendations (read: "commands") as to what THEY wanted to hear on the album. So, Eric & crew (with WB heads, Lonny Waronker & Russ Titlemann) went back into the studio with L.A. session guys (as opposed to Eric's own band at the time) to record some new tracks suggested by WB powers-that-be (the hit "Forever Man" was one of the tunes that came out of those sessions). Lindsey probably was hanging around the studio and just ended up playing some acoustic rhythm guitar on the one track...it was around the same time that he would've been working on Go Insane. To me, (even listening through headphones) his guitarwork is virtually inaudible (similar to trying to hear his background vocals on that one track on the Time album).

Last edited by chiliD; 01-13-2004 at 11:51 AM..