View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
The REAL person who we should be afraid of? OSAMA BIN LADEN. Where the hell is he? The fact is that the real security threat has been forgotten about while we've been too busy in Iraq.
And I don't think we've forgotten about him. I think right now, attention in the MEDIA has been shifted to the war in Iraq. Who's to say that we've not been attempting to locate Osama Bin Laden and who's to say we don't have any leads on his whereabouts?

Finding Saddam was a shock to many people BECAUSE the media was not alerted and tipped off on the mission to extract him from his hole. We didn't see that one coming...and that's the way it should have been. No need to broadcast it to everyone so someone can let him know, hey, they're onto you! Get out! I don't feel we should be alerted on EVERY movement and EVERY tactic that will be taken in efforts to find Osama or any other threat for that matter.

That's the problem with this country. Do you honestly believe that leaders of OUR historical past didn't run the country the way Bush currently is? Do you think he's the first President to be a "bully?" The problem is that years ago, you NEVER saw it because it wasn't out there for everyone to see. Now, we've got live coverage from the battle grounds of Iraq, journalists hanging out in rooms of hotels that are about to be bombed so you can hear the silence and see shocking green lights from the bombs in the distance...etc

Media plays a part in shaping and forming opinions. If it's not out there for you to see, you don't believe it exists or that it's going on...that goes with EVERYTHING not just politics.

My .02 for the new year.