View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Am I the only one who is scared by this?!

I don't think I will ever "get" it!
Don't be scared...people can spin history any way they wnat to advance their theories...The Bush=Hitler thing is completely ridiculous and only seriously backed up by liberal blogs and web pages. "Bush Hate Syndrome" is very interesting. The “bashers” tend to believe any op-ed article written to back up their claims. You could play six degrees of separation with any political figure and find lies, special interest motivation, skeletons in the closet, etc.

And, I think talking about Clinton is very relevant when discussing the Bush Bashing that is going on. The reason is to find consistency with the arguments. To simply say “It doesn’t matter, he isn’t president” or, whatever, isn’t the point. The point is that the arguments and values that you hold to someone should be similar and consistent. How can you defend the lies of one president and then, demonize the next (actually, it was sort of humorous to see Liberal feminists defend Clinton after that whole escapade)?

If you disagree with Bush, that’s great. That’s what makes this country great. But if you actually “hate” the guy, your views and arguments can be clouded by that and they loose credibility to us moderates who try and look objectively at both sides. And the “hate” refers to Regan, Clinton, Carter, FDR, or whomever. As I said before, the extreme Right was guilty of this during the Clinton years.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller