View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
And I'm sorry to hear that Shrub's possession of Jewish blood money doesn't bother you.
You are making a huge leap here. I never said that. Please see my posts in the other thread.

I am not trying to attack or insult anyone here - and I don't condemn anyone for not agreeing with me. I don't take the fact that people have differing points of view as a personal attack unless this kind of thing is said, which is just a bit too much (see above).

However, I do think the best arguments are ones that show consistency and an appreciation for both strengths and weaknesses of your point of view. That is why I ask some of the questions that I do.

I will be the first to acknowledge that I usually do not get involved in the political threads here; mostly because there seem to be very few people that post who have a moderate/conservative point of view, and there seems to be a good deal of intolerance about those viewpoints. However, I do appreciate a well-reasoned argument from any standpoint. Irregardless of whether I agree with it or not, I look at it as an opportunity to expand my way of thinking about issues. In other words, I am NOT a conservative who has blinders on.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .

Last edited by Mad4stevie; 01-11-2004 at 06:46 PM..