View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello again,

concerning the lack of original material, then I can say (and this is a confirmed thing) that some time ago, about the same time "Destiny Road" came out, Peter's brother Michael wrote an album worth of songs for Peter.

They recorded some demos and as far as I'm concerned (Martin himself confirmed) Peter's playing was totally different to what he was/is doing with the SG.

Far and away more upfront and improvising, very close to what he could do back in the Mac's days.

On the negative side, then I don't believe Peter can really built a new band by himself........and the show at the Royal Albert Hall will be something like Bill Wyman band backing some guest, including Chris Rea, Eric Clapton and Peter Green; difficult say if Eric and Peter planned to record together..........I truly believe that's it's far and away more possible something like a studio reunion of Mac's original line-up to record a totally blues album........maybe with Christine on keyboards. Mick Fleetwood very often talked about it and in the dvd interview Martin Celmins did with J.Spencer this is cleary mentioned.

And I think if this will happen, then after this Peter will be back to the Splinter Group

Sorry for my average English...

Mario.