View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m thoroughly convinced these are the two quotes that got Lindsey fired. The first also shows why Stevie wasn’t going to let him do solo shows on the days off.

He lost Stevie in 2013 and I think Fleetwood Mac would have been over after that tour, but Christine McVie had other plans. However, it’s when he lost Irving in 2017 that he was toast. Go figure tour negotiations got heated when Mike Campbell was suddenly available.
This is just my opinion, but I think you're giving Stevie too much credit lol.

Having a meltdown because Lindsey had the audacity to suggest one of her Fleetwood Mac songs might not be the best choice for the entire band to make an entrance to and then going nuclear because you catch the entire band joking around behind your back during your 10 minute monologue...all of that is much more on brand for current day Stevie Nicks.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that the whole band proved they could record an album and release it without her, which they did. She wasn't about to feel threatened or intimidated by that situation ever again, she calls the shots (as confirmed by Neil!)

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-19-2024 at 12:48 PM..