View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey and his wife have done quite a few large, lucrative real estate flips over the past 10+ years. I wouldn't be shocked if he came out on top.
Yes, Lindsey was always smart with his investments and such. And Stevie once said he gets producer money on all their records in addition to artist/songwriter money.

Also, Stevie wasn't so smart in the beginning... she gave away royalties or portions of the royalties to her songs to pals and boyfriends. In addition to giving royalties to Silver Springs to her mom, it has been reported (maybe someone else knows if true) that she for instance gave some portion of the royalties for Sara to Hernan, and similar with other songs... supposedly many of her biggest hits.. I can't imagine Howard Kaufman or Irving or anyone else who manages her (Google says it's currently Sheryl Louis who was partners with Howard but not sure) letting her do that now, but back then.... Google also claims Glen Parrish managed her for a time (??) which... yikes if true. So..... she could have screwed up her financials early on and that may have had some repercussions down the line. I recall her saying in the midst of her solo career that her dad was on tour with her at one point and told her she needed to run her operation better and eventually when she didn't she said he just left the tour.

Not saying she's broke or even close, but can see how between bad business sense (anyone recall her investing in a nightclub in Texas?), giving away song royalties, and supporting the Colombian cartels almost single-handedly (free coke to her entourage)....it makes sense Lindsey could well have more net worth than her.