View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think he was referring to the first demo which none of us would have ever heard. The rougher demos we've heard. When a song writer writes a song, it can be a very rough melody and music track. These "demos" are not the polished ones that appear on the reissue versions of albums. They would be far too rough for any kind of commercial release. Once the song is played around with then its recorded and the more professional demo process starts. People also confuse alternative versions of songs with demos.
Having said that, it is hard to imagine those catchy lyrics at a slower pace. Its possible that piano intro did not come about until the up-tempo process started. Sadly we may never know. Was there not an interview recently with Chris that she does not remember much of the Mirage making process and it was a weird album or something? There was a heavy drug haze over the band so maybe Lindsey is confused with another song.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-14-2023 at 06:02 PM..