View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great discussion! I adore and treasure the deluxe box sets.

Tusk - So much great bonus music. The alternate version of the album is almost as good as the original. The different versions of the song Tusk and IKINW are amazing to hear in how they were developed in the studio. And of course the live tracks. The book where the members discuss each song brought new meaning to the songs is essential as well.

White album - In the last few years it's grown to be my favorite album. It's solid and not too much experimentation in the production. They were so young and fresh. The 3rd disc of live material is great too. And the instrumental of I'm so afraid is enjoyable.

Live - Always been one of my favs. I was worried they wouldn't remaster it. The 3rd disc of live tracks is amazing.

Mirage - It was in desperate need of remastering so it's nice to have. The bonus material is all really nice, but they still didn't include the original cassette version of Straight Back with all the layered vocals. I had been waiting for a clean version of Cool Water for years and they didn't disappoint.

Rumours - I put this near the bottom because they had already released a deluxe edition with some of the same versions and I'm still pretty burnt out on this album. The DVD is nice to have, but it could've had more content and better quality.

Tango - My least favorite album. I never bought the box set but have the 2 CD version. Stevie songs are all pretty dreadful, but are fun to hear once or twice just to be able to scratch my head. lol. The full version of You & I is worth the price, reminds me of something off of Go Insane.