View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
And John “sold all his gear”. Is there no money to buy John a bass guitar and some “new gear” and let him sit in the corner and play it? Nope, he sold his gear and there’s not another bass to be found.

Heck - with the new technological sound systems for concerts — no one technically has to play anything. 6-10 dates, wheel them onstage with some backing tracks and call it a day. It’s not even about playing. It’s a way to close the book and say a proper goodbye.
John selling all his gear is beyond money; I think it means he closed his book.
And about the proper goodbye, mmmm it must have been with Christine few years ago. I think it’s too late now. My opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don’t think they’ve hated each other straight through at all. Some folks have said Stevie’s always wanted Lindsey out of FM, but we know that’s not true because of her reaction when Lindsey told them he was done after Tango came out. And years after that, she asked him to record Twisted with her. And he asked her to appear on his Soundstage special.
I agree. Mick said in his book about the Tango sessions The love-hate saga between those two will never end. But I think hate is an expression, the real feeling I guess is anger. An intermittent anger.