Thread: Rhiannon intro
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
YES!
One of the few klonopin era songs that was really good live. Her band rocked the hell out of Rhiannon.

I would hardly call her 1981 version lame (someone else said that). Roy's intro was beautiful and Waddy really created a rocking bouncer. It lost its power on her next tours but it still packed a punch. I feel after her solo version she did not know where to take the song in 1982. We got coke fueled speaking in tongues for Sisters but her talking and going through the motions at the end of Rhiannon "I dont change, you dont change" She did the same thing in 1987 for a rare early Tango tour version. But that's understandable since she was off coke. I love all Mirage concert songs except Rhiannon. Its slow and she seems to struggle and wonder through it. It should have been just as outrageous as her 1982 Sisters but it falls flat for me.
Hi Macfan4life,

I was going to say that the ending with "I don't change, you don't change, (it's all the same, Rhian..non)" Falls flat for me in my previous post, above, so you have expressed the same emotion I felt as I was hearing this ending, the first time I heard it, exactly!

Compare this to the "Take me with you", which is a more positive 'up' emotion and when she sings it, we, the audience, can relate to her more. Just my opinion, of course.