Thread: Rhiannon intro
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stevie’s voice starts to deteriorate later in the Rumours Tour and definitely in the 1978 shows. It’s very noticeable on Rhiannon from ‘76/early ‘77 compared to later in that tour.

Rhiannon from 1975-1982 really encapsulates for me what made Stevie such an interesting live performer. The band took a relatively polished and calm song on record and cranked it up to be a true tour de force on stage and Stevie just owned the F out of those 7-9 minutes every night. Even as the voice deteriorated, she still made the performance interesting (along with the entire band - they were on fire!).

What they’ve done with Rhiannon in the “modern” era (since 1997) is a joke in comparison. It’s a pathetic shell of its former self and neither Fleetwood Mac or her solo band have made it even remotely interesting for at least 20 years.
Everything you said. I will add that I loved Christine's piano intro during the Dance. Also, can't forget Sisters of the Moon.

Gypsy will never ever be as good as studio.