View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That kind of stuff always went on. Stevie threatened to leave the band during the recording of Rumours if the shacking up line was kept and threatened to leave the band if the album was called Tusk.
Chris had just left the band so Stevie would not have the power to fire Lindsey otherwise it would have been a Stevie solo tour with Mick and John as her backup musicians. Having said that, Stevie was miserable during the SYW process and she did not look happy on that tour. But she was a trooper and kept the band going even years later for Unleashed and the EP. When Chris joined, Stevie was no longer unhappy. She was happy. But now she was jealous that Chris and Lindsey went on without her. She's a trooper when unhappy but dont dare make her jealous. Cats are the same way. Their fangs come out when another cat shows up.

I watched it again about 2 years ago and its weird because SYW does not seem that long ago but OMG the cars are so old, the cell phones are so old and they look so young. It was so long ago! I really felt for Lindsey during that process. He sort of gets his way in the end and there is a comment from Mick "if this album only sells 500k Lindsey is going to be really depressed because he will be proved wrong" or something like that. Sure enough the album only sold about 500K. But just imagine that today, an album selling 500k copies would be considered a huge success.
Stevie also threatened to quit before the 2013 Tour when she had The Talk with Lindsey at his house. She told MOJO Magazine that she told him she had other people who were nice to her that she could work with. I'm not sure what "nice" means. Was she "nice" to him?

I still don't know what songs would have made SYW a double album. Long Road Out of Eden by Eagles was a double with 20 songs. SYW was 18 songs. So would Not Make Believe, Love Minus Zero/No Limit, and I Am Waiting have made it a double album?

Maybe Stevie offered Annabel Lee, Call On Me for Magic, My Heart, and Space Needle but we were never told she did?