View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Interesting, AND, I can see why. It's so beautiful and a bit like the sea rolling in and out. However, I did not know Stevie said that.

... to the sea...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I would ask Buckingham to redo his first two lines for "Sleeping on the Corner" and fix the glitch in the shaker.

The intros for "Red Sun" and "Lay Down For Free" are too similar (and very compressed), so I would tone down the compression and have Buckingham's guitar and John McVie's bass come in immediately with the drums on "Lay Down For Free" before the vocals come in. Maybe add some castanet flourishes a la "Trouble". Buckingham's saccharine wall of backing vocals on "Game of Pretend" would also be removed to make the chorus more subdued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I wish WISYA and WTTRS were entirely different songs.

Seriously, on Tango, I wish the vocal mix for Midnight resembled what the band did for the ensuing live shows. Less processing on Christine’s lead vocal and the presence of Stevie.

I wish Game of Pretend from BuckVie was just Christine and her piano. Drop the creepy, breathy backing vocals.

John's bass line walking up to Mick's cymbal crash mimicking a crashing wave, and how that cycle repeats all through the end, is perfect mimicking of the sea. I'm guessing the whole sea theme is what attracted John to the song so much that he wanted it on the album.

Agree the Elmer Fudd vocal on Sleeping Around the Corner is cringey.

The creepy vocals ruin Game of Pretend for me.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-02-2023 at 01:27 AM..