View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Her band intro from that night was surprisingly coherent.

Toward the end of the evening, she let loose with my favorite “How Still My Love” I can ever remember hearing, with Waddy adding jagged guitar and getting it cooked.

Sorry again about the far-from-great audio, but here’s a little factoid about the person holding the recording device — it was Toni Graphia, who became the executive producer of Outlander on cable. She is a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I told her to CHECK THE BATTERIES before the concert started, and she did not — so the batteries were actually dying while we were recording. After the concert, Hollywood partied with the rock and roll elite at the underground Supper Club at the Forum. In those days, Stan Lynch and Mike Campbell and Benmont Tench partied plenty with the Nicks circus, so don’t let them pretend otherwise.
Those are great quality David. She stayed at the mic the entire How Still My Love cackling like a wounded lamb. Usually on the tour she was so high she preferred to dance the last minutes of How Still My Love. She had the craziest dances. In Pittsburgh she made the ok sign with each hand and put them reverse over her eyes. But this night she wailed and cackled to the end.

My favorite Wild Heart clip. Cleveland OH, July 1983. Her dance at the end of How Still My Love is so awesome clapping off beat and high as a kite. Running in place at the mic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0lkSZM8Ag

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-01-2023 at 06:41 PM..