View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I love old countdown shows. The songs bring me back to exactly where I was at the time. This was the summer of 1982. The songs remind me of camping with my friend's family that summer. That Kenny Rogers song Love will turn you around was from his 1982 summer movie Six Pack. Most of the songs you still hear today except that Kenny Rogers song and that Paul McCartney song Take It Away. Its also sad to see how many people are not around. I believe the old singer of Survivor who sang Eye of the Tiger passed away years ago and so did David Crosby, Donna Summer, and Kenny Rogers. Speaking of Donna Summer, I dont recall that song that is on the chart. I looked it up on youtube and swear I never heard it before.
When driving to Joplin, MO from Cleveland, OH: Heard Hold Me, Jack and Diane, Eye in the Sye and Eye in the Sky a million times. Great trip. (I actually had a tape recorder and everyone was sleeping and my dad was driving, so I recorded a bunch of songs.)