Thread: Circa 198?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Photoshop is now a proprietary eponym. Maybe at the time there were other (possibly now defunct) photo editing software, but at the time of creation of Tango in the Night photoshop certainly didn’t exist as a thing.
Very true. Since the internet the word photoshop has taken on a completely different meaning almost. It implies that something is not real. Whether you call it photoshop, airbrush, or photo editing, its always been used in rock photography. The Wild Heart album cover has 3 Stevie's photoshopped or edited together. Tusk had photo edits of them on the ceiling. It's always been around. It makes the photos more clever and makes them look better. As I mentioned earlier I never ever gave this photo a second glance for all these years. When someone posted about its "natural authenticity" I gave it a second look. IMHO there are many clues of some artistic take on the photo. I don't see Lindsey showing off his chest hair with suspenders on while working in a studio. There is definitely some "editing" or whatever you want to call it in the photo. IMHO John does not even look like he is in the same room. But in any event just like a favorite song or a least favorite song, its just an opinion. We always must agree to disagree on this board