Thread: Circa 198?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Im a professional retoucher... and in my opinion — This photo is pre-photoshop -- but it is 100% a cut and paste of them off. First off, as someone has mentioned, the lighting is different on all of them... Christine looks overly crisp around her left side and blurry around the edges on the right, like she was pasted there and then airbrushed in. Linds is dressed to the nines, with 80s fashions, slick hair and some good skin foundation... None of them would ever look this good just hanging around the studio. These are all, in my opinion outtakes from an Aaron R photoshoot... He's the same guy that took these of Stevie and Chris. And i would say that Chris's hair and make up look quite similar in this mock-up studio shot as they do in these studio session shots with Stevie.
Exactly. Photoshops existed in the 1980s with the most famous was Oprah's 1989 photoshopped TV guide cover that brought photoshopping into the limelight.
I think there were photos of all of them in the studio and someone just mashed them together. IMHO Oprah's 1989 photoshop was more convincing. Its not photoshopped like people think, a different head and body, etc. Its them full body parts. But they are merged or edited together like you said. Photoshopping is not just for editing people but places. Its a very common practice in all rock photography, album covers, etc.
Are we going to debate if the Tusk insert album covers were photoshopped next?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-19-2023 at 11:31 AM..