Thread: Circa 198?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Jeez….a few people over thinking it and over analysing.
What a lovely picture!
The poses look totally natural to me, in so far as any staged pose for a professional photographer is going to look a tad awkward. Micks arms….no issues. His left elbow and arm are leaning on the speaker and his right arm is leaning onto his left arm….no issue. Christine’s arms….look fine.
A photo taken in 1986, before photoshop. Credit to be given to the photographer.
I was quite excited by the prospect of this being the can’t Help Falling in Love session but, alas, it sounds as if it’s after that session and during TITN.
This has always been one of my favorite “band” photos, which seems to have been deliberately released as a kind of “eff u” to Stevie. I remember at the time thinking how good Lindsey looked, and Christine. Mick and John look elegant but older. Having John so recessed like that also seemed like a metaphor for his relationship to the whole Tango project. He was there, did his job, but not especially attached to the music. His wonderful bass on Little Lies and a handful of other songs aside, his presence on the record felt diminished by the automation and synthesizers…