View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The promos from the HBO hooked me in so hard. I couldn't wait for that show to air.
I was hypnotized and seduced at the same time. These millennials have no idea what we had to do. I remember setting my alarm at 2:45 am on a school night when I was in 7th grade to watch and tape record the show. We had no VCR. So I would hold the tape recorder up to the TV. It was the last night the show aired on HBO so I had to do something. Then I wrote a 3 page hand written letter to HBO demanding they bring the concert back (hey I was desperate). Sure enough they responded with an official typed letter thanking me for my letter and telling me how popular the concert was and that it was possible for it to re-air again someday. Those suckers never aired it again.
Today anyone can just go to youtube. No one understood our struggle to get this concert.

BTW, with the incredible Hold Me, how can you say Mirage is Chris's weakest album?