View Single Post
Old 08-01-2023, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Going back to 2013 interviews is fascinating with the knowledge of what would eventually happen. I had forgotten all about this one:

https://fleetwoodmac-uk.com/wp/the-m...icks-dec-2013/

Lindsey also told MOJO: “There are still parts of mine and Stevie’s relationship that are unresolved and it will be interesting to visit that on this next tour…”

Stevie: He’s probably referring to what I call ‘The Talk.’ About a year and a half ago I told him everything I had wanted to say to him since 1968. I said, “Do you remember how cute we were? How we could walk into the room together and people would be mesmerized because we were so funny and smart?” I said, “Lindsey, if we can’t go back to being those people, I’m going to quit. I have other people I can work with that treat me with warmth and utter respect, and in my world there’s never a harsh word spoken.”

And his reaction?
Stevie: He was very quiet. I said, “The ball’s in your park, Lindsey 2013 better be great.

So has it been great? When the pair of you hold hands on-stage now what’s going on there exactly? The hand-holding on the 2009 tour seemed a bit hammy..

Stevie: That’s interesting. My cousin John has known Lindsey and I since 1968. He told me, “When I saw you and Lindsey play with Fleetwood Mac in 2009, there was nothing between you. It was as if you were thinking, ‘What shall I get from room service tonight? Grilled cheese? Tomato soup?” Hammy wasn’t the word for Lindsey and I in 2009 – it was totally fake. But what you see on-stage now is not fake. It is loving, and it is as close to those two people who met as teenagers as you could hope for. Every night I tell the story of Without You, the poem that I wrote in 1972 before we made the BuckinghamNicks album. The story has become longer than the song, and I told Lindsey, “I’m sorry, I’m trying to shorten it.” He goes, “Don’t worry, Stevie – it’s charming.” Three years ago he would have been like, “Are you kidding? We could do The Green Manalishi in that time…”

---------------

So you want your ex to treat you as if you're still a couple (40 years after the fact!) and that's how you're going to judge if you're being respected on tour?

It was totally fake in 2009, but it's somehow not fake in 2013 despite threatening to quit if he didn't pretend to be your boyfriend? It's no wonder Lindsey suggested that Stevie was still in love with him during the 2021 press feud.

I've got nothing...

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-01-2023 at 02:33 PM..