View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When has Stevie ever said anything in this paragraph you wrote? I ask because I have seen interviews with both Stevie and Lindsey (separately of course) where each one laments the fact that the BN album hasn’t been officially rereleased. I remember specifically one interview where Stevie said she had tried to speak to Lindsey about the album and he didn’t return her calls. I remember an interview with Lindsey where he said he wanted it rereleased but the rights were up in the air. Then not too long ago someone posted here Keith Olson was the holdup.

I don’t understand how Stevie was able to release Long Distance Winner on her Enchanted boxset if the album can’t be rereleased, but at least she got one of the songs remastered and out to the public. For that reason alone, no way do I believe Stevie OR Lindsey are holding up the rerelease.
If you’ve followed Stevie and listened to her interviews for decades, you’ll know what I mean. Stevie considers her being told to pose topless by Lindsey as abuse. Remember her statement in Lindsey’s 2021 interview where she had a litany of reasons she will not work with him starting back in 1968; the cover is one of them. Lindsey told her Don’t be a child, it’s art.

It doesn’t matter that in the past they lamented it wasn’t released; their relationship is over now. Stevie could care less about a release because it won’t make any money. And she can play her tracks from the album in her live shows. She also probably wouldn’t want to have any connection to a BN release because it would be highlighting her history with Lindsey.