Thread: Renaming Albums
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the part that I want to know about is when Stevie arrived, having just completed her first (very successful) solo tour, accompanied by her boyfriend Jimmy Iovine... and some sort of kerfuffle ensued between Lindsey and Jimmy, which by all accounts was instigated by Lindsey and resulted in Jimmy getting on a plane and going back to the US rather than staying the 10 days he had planned to stay. That majorly impacted Stevie and Jimmy's romantic relationship by all accounts. I want to know did that essentially break them up? did he never come back to the chateau? Did he ever spend time on that tour with her? Or was it so f***ed up from that he stayed away? I would have strong sympathy for Stevie in that situation if your ex behaves so badly that it breaks up your present relationship, while he continued to drag *his* new girlfriend around with the band everywhere for years.....
It is an interesting piece of history. Anytime an ex is with an ex who brings their new significant other is a tense time. Stevie and Lindsey never got over their relationship. Being that Jimmy was not just her boyfriend but producer who made her a solo star with a #1 album was probably too much for him to take. Also I can see Lindsey being annoyed like "why did you bring him here, we dont need a producer."