View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Wow, hard to believe its been 20 years. Although when you watch the documentary you are surprised how young they are. Makes you feel old. I remember driving back from the mall listening to the CD. Today malls dont exist and neither do CD players in new cars. This was an odd time for the band. I was so disappointed with Stevie's 2001 solo album. I wanted to like it so bad but it was so meh. Nothing creative and a bit boring. I did not care much for SYW either. It really needed Chris. However after several months of running down the beach to it every night, I started to hear and notice the creativity in the songs. Maybe the headphones and constant play did it but I suddenly fell in love with the album. Everyone Finds Out is a masterpiece especially with headphones. The next year we got a solo album from Chris which was an unexpected surprise. We thought she retired for good. I hate to paint with a broad brush but everything about this era was not that great. 9/11 changed everything. This music brings back some misery. Having said all this, I am thankful for the album and the band marching on. Although without Chris, I had no interest in seeing them in concert.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-15-2023 at 03:02 PM..