View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I dont think anyone would disagree with wanting Lindsey to do that tour. However, I respect his decision and he needed a break especially what he went through with the Tango sessions. He clearly had PTSD from working with a few. He didn't need to do the album and he did. It would have been a fantastic show with him. However I bet the Tango concert release would have been just as tacky and bad. That was a goofy trend in the late 80s to make videos of "live" performances. The Mirage show had real camera men on stage, holding big cameras on their shoulders. By the time 1987 came along, they had those roaming cameras. It was not really the band but the glam of the late 80s that made that horrible release.
If Lindsey did the tour, I would imagine he would have quit the band afterwards. What would have happened? There would be no BTM. They would have been a dead band until maybe the Dance. But who knows. Maybe they would have had auditions and come up with different guitarists and had a different kind of album than BTM.
Was I upset with Lindsey for quitting. OMG yes! But I truly think he needed that escape hatch.