View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I also look at the auction in a different light now. When I heard about it, my response was, “Christine, what in the devil??” That dress she wore on the cover. I was apalled to think it was up for sale.Now, I reflect. Maybe she wanted to pass some things on to the world. She gave her family the possessions that mattered most to her, maybe she wanted the public to get
a few things.

For once, I am glad that Stevie is loquacious. If we get more details from someone, it will be her in her next interview. I still remember her saying she answered the phone and had to tell Lindsey about his dad. I know some day she will tell us about the call she got about Chris.
I’m glad you see it that way. I do, too. Unfortunately, the timing of her passing will create more attention to the auction, which means prices will skyrocket now, preventing the typical fans from getting many things. Well, I shouldn’t say unfortunately, because a percentage of the proceeds will go to charity.

Christine seemed genuinely excited about this auction, and I really believe it was because she thought some fans might be able to participate. It’s extremely doubtful she needed the money, so her enthusiasm likely seemed from the opportunity for fans and for the charity. I think the same of John and Mick. And as you said michelej, she likely offered these items to family members first.